Sunday, June 9, 2013

Becoming addicted to sewing doll clothes

I've gotten hooked lately on sewing doll clothes for my daughter's 18 inch doll.  It's great to cut out a pattern and have it finished in usually less than an hour for a basic top or a pair of shorts.
 
 
I made this tank from an older t shirt with a stain on the front.  It's a Liberty Jane pattern (free on their website!).  I thought it was a little plain, so I added a ruffle to the bottom and a button flower to the top. I loved making it, and my daughter loves putting it on her doll.  Win, win!
 
 
The jeans are also a Liberty Jane pattern, and were so fun to sew!  The topstitching detailing make them so realistic.  There are real pockets in the front, and darling pockets on the back, where I hand embroidered a daisy.  Rachel wanted one on the front too.  I have another pair cut out of red denim that I can't wait to sew this week.
 


2 comments:

  1. I have been on a doll sewing kick lately, too! (I recently put up three tutorials/patterns on my blog if you want to check it out: www.pacountrycrafts.blogspot.com) I need to make some Tshirts, too. Great job on the details on those jeans!

    ReplyDelete